WelcomeWorkshop on WIPP as the Next Underground Laboratory
- To explore the potential need for, and use of, the WIPP underground as a next generation laboratory for conducting nuclear and particle astrophysics and other basic science research
Why Are We Here?
- Operational readiness
- Licensing and Regulatory Authorization
- WIPP opens, March 1999
- WIPP met with DOE Office of Science and National Science Foundation on behalf of Observatory for Multi-flavor Neutrino Interactions from Supernovae (OMNIS), December 1999
- DOE Office of Science and NSF independently suggested that WIPP host workshop to poll the physics research community about their desire to use WIPP
- Institute for Nuclear Particle Astrophysics and Cosmology (INPAC) offered to help convene workshop, January 2000
We Extend Our Hand To...
- Workshop participants
- We want to make your visit productive and memorable
- We want to help further scientific inquiry
- We hope to build the foundation for further economic development
- Our workshop partner: INPAC